“On the day I needed You, I called, and You responded and infused my soul with strength.” Psalm 138:3 (VOICE)
Do you need an infusion of strength in your soul? Then plug into your Divine Power Source through prayer.
Prayer is your direct connection to God. It is sharing what’s on your heart with your Heavenly Father ~ not that God doesn’t already know what’s on your heart, because He knows that better than you can even express it to Him. But by expressing your heart’s desires to Him, you acknowledge your dependence on Him and your gratitude for His blessings and help. In fact, one of the shortest verses in all the Bible, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NLT) says simply, “Pray continually.” So in other words, in all circumstances, never stop talking to God and sharing your heart with Him.
- When you are worried, pray.
- When you are afraid, pray.
- When you are thankful, pray.
- When you are sick, pray.
- When you’re in need, pray.
- When you’re heartbroken, pray.
- When you are confused, pray.
- When you are happy, pray.
- When you need courage, pray.
- When you need comfort, pray.
- When you need forgiveness, pray.
Even though God doesn’t always answer your prayers in the exact way you think He should, you can be confident that:
- He bends down to listen ~ “Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!” Psalm 116:2 (NLT)
- He hears your prayers~ “We live in the bold confidence that God hears our voices when we ask for things that fit His plan.” 1 John 5:14 (VOICE)
- And He answers your prayers ~ “I will answer their prayers before they finish praying.” Isaiah 65:24 (CEV)
So tap into your heavenly source of soul strength through prayer, and remember this good advice, “Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” Phil 4:6 (MSG)
“Never stop praying.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NLT)
“You can get anything—anything you ask for in prayer—if you believe.” Matthew 21:22 (TLB)